Thursday, May 20, 2010

British Breakfast sans tomato

British Breakfast sans tomato

Back when we first got together, some 11+ years ago, one of the places we'd frequent was a British Pub named the Cock N' Bull in Santa Monica.  It was our local pub at the time.

Sometimes we'd go there for a pint and watch a rubgy, cricket or soccer match on T.V., or just hang out.

Sometimes we'd go for breakfast. 

We always order the same thing, two British Breakfasts ("hold the tomato, please"). 

So, when we were thinking of what to have for our anniversary last weekend, we decided to have a British Breakfast (for dinner).  It's a meal that he introduced me to, so it is high on my sentimental value list :) 

Luckily there are plenty of places around here who sell the right goods.  It took going to three of them before I found one that had the bacon in stock.  The Tudor House was the furthest away, but I didn't mind the travel.  I like going there because it reminds me of my grandmother.  Her and I have gone there for tea and brunch on occasion.  She's cool like that, as my nieces would say :)

There isn't much to explain about this breakfast, so long as you have the right stuff.  First of which is the beans.  Heinz Beans with tomato sauce!
 

Then, of course, the bangers.

And the bacon.



I didn't take a photo of the bacon out of the package, but I should have.  I always mistakenly call this ham, I guess because it reminds me more of ham than it does (American) bacon?


My husband prefers his dished up like so, with a couple of dashes of Worchestershire sauce.


But I like mine plated with most everything piled on top of each other.  That way, I get a little taste of everything in each bite!  

On a normal weekend, when I actually make breakfast, I tend to just have the toast, eggs and beans.  But just the toast and beans works just fine, too.  Or just the eggs and beans.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment