Sunday, May 30, 2010

Vietnamese Style Pickled Carrots

Vietnamese Style Pickled Carrots

When I saw these carrots on White on Rice Couple's blog, I immediately knew I'd make them soon.  I don't know if that's because I love carrots and vinegar so much, or if I just want to eat anything that reminds me of something that came from their garden.

Their victory garden is gorgeous!!

They have an adorable video of it on their site, too.

Although I haven't seen their garden in person, I have met Diane and Todd once, at one of their food blogging classes (which was a lot of fun) in March.  I am a new blogger, but I still learned a lot and was inspired by them, and others who were there.

Their Vietnamese Style Pickled Carrots recipe can be found here.  The recipe was inspired by Janet Fletcher's book Eating Local; The Cookbook Inspired by America's Farmers.  A link to the book can be found in the same article with their recipe.

Below are my pictures of ordinary carrots being transformed into Vietnamese styled ones :)  Plus a bonus picture of a bloom that caught my eye this morning (from a plant I didn't even know was in our common garden area.  A lovely surprise!)

 Tada!  Magic!

************************************************************


Hope your day is filled with magical happenings and beautiful surprises, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment