Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Buttermilk Biscuits [from The Pioneer Woman via SteamyKitchen.com]

Buttermilk Biscuits [from The Pioneer Woman via SteamyKitchen.com]

The other night, I was cruising Jaden's SteamyKitchen's site and came across this post of her adorable son making The Pioneer Woman's Buttermilk Biscuits.(click buttermilk biscuits for a link to the recipe)

I tried my hand at making them last night, but they came out more like a hockey puck than they did a mouth watering biscuit.  For Ian Laperriere's sake, though, I opted not to post pictures of them (For you non-hockey fans, Ian recently had a nasty introduction with a puck - to the face) :)  I am a long time King's fan, and wish Ian never left the Kings.

As for the biscuits, I was inspired by the pictures of Jaden's son making these and thought, "If he can do it, I can do it!" 

So, I tried again.

Although I did eat a couple of the biscuits last night, these were definitely a significant improvement.

Besides, I am a sucker for just about anything that gives me a good excuse to enjoy some blackberry preserves at 10:15 pm :)

I will, however, have to make these again sometime when I have some gravy around.  There's just something about buttermilk biscuits that cries out for gravy! 

Have you tried The Pioneer Woman's Buttermilk Biscuits?  How'd they work for you?

Do you have a favorite biscuit recipe?

If you do, please share in the comments.

[P.S. I also tried and loved this Chocolate Wontons recipe from SteamyKitchen.com this week, too.  I had daydreams about them the entire next day, too.  They were soooo good.

Warning: Do not make them when you have a large supply of the ingredients, or you just might eat way too many of these!]

No comments:

Post a Comment