Monday, July 26, 2010

Conejo Valley Botanic Garden

Conejo Valley Botanic Garden

Today, my sister and I went to the Conejo Valley Botanic Garden.  It was really great to get some one-on-one time together.  The garden wasn't very busy, so we were able to just wander at our own pace and lose ourselves in conversation and enjoy each other's company.

The weather was very warm, and it was so lovely in the garden.  Unfortunately we arrived at a time when many of the plants were in the shade, so I skipped snapping as many shots as I might have if the lighting had been more favorable.  I also left my extra camera battery in the trunk of the car by mistake, which didn't help matters any.

It was reassuring to see so many bees today.  They were not swarming or anything, but we saw plenty of them.  Several different species. 

Lately, in my neighborhood, I've seen many more dead and/or dying bees than I have live, healthy ones.  So it was fantastic to see so many in abundance that were thriving.

Below are some of the shots I got.  Hope you enjoy them. 

Sapphire Dragon Tree (Paulownia Kawakamii)
Laurel Leaf Sumac (Malosma laurina)
Brazilian Pepper Tree
Brown Turkey Fig
Passion Fruit Flower
Passion Fruit on the vine
Such a cutie!

1 comment: