Saturday, July 3, 2010

Individual Berry Pies/Desserts

Individual Berry Pies/Desserts

Unfortunately, I didn't keep good mental notes while making this dessert.  I was just messing around in the kitchen and trying out some ideas.  Up front, the only thing I knew was that I had berries that needed to be eaten soon, and that I wanted to make a pie.  I just didn't want a lot of pie, and I didn't want any left overs.

So I decided to make two mini pies in my little ramekins.

I didn't take notes because I wasn't sure how this was going to come out.  But, since they came out very good, I will be making these again and will add the instructions next time.  For now, I'll just share the pictures and give a general overview.

I made a crust that didn't need to be rolled out, but rather just pressed into the edges of the ramekins. 

Then I baked the ramekins with the crust inside for 10 minutes at 475 degrees.

While the crust baked, I made a simple syrup using 1/3 cup water and 1/3 cup sugar and a 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract. 

I chopped the strawberries and left the raspberries and blackberries whole.  I put them in the still warm lemon syrup and made sure they were good and coated all over.  Then I put the berries in the ramekins and poured a few tablespoons of the syrup over the top.

Then I put a layer of streusel topping over the fruit, which had some nutmeg in it.

Then I baked them for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. 

After letting them cool for 10 minutes, they were served. 

Mine.

His (my husband's).

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment